Have you ever lost a friend or family member to drugs or alcohol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My little brother was killed by a drunk driver, I had a friend who was killed by a drunk driver, 2 friends who choked on their own vomit after a night of drinking, one friend who rolled his Jeep after a night of drinking and died with his family watching and waiting for the medics to come because he was pinned under the vehicle, my BIL's best friend of a drug over dose....my SIL's dad last week from complications from liver failure and kidney failure after drinking too much every day....husbands aunt from liver failure due to drinking...and one friend who is in a wheel chair after drinking and riding his motorcycle. (wrecked it going about 120 no helmet, and his head was slammed into the median, he's lucky to be alive.)

I could keep going - I sadly know that most of my friends I had before I left my hometown, will not live until they are 35 with the way they party and do drugs. I'm waiting on my BIL to overdose.
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• not yet. i have lost people that i knew. in my cognitive intervention class i lost 2 people both to alcohol. one was found by her toilet apparently had been puking. the other drowned with her baby. no one ever said it was suicide but you have to wonder what was she doing drinking by the pool with her kid. it was on the news. she looked so similar and then one day it hit me. also when i dated a bf his friend committed suicide but i'm sure he was unhappy cause of drug use. my husbands friend overdosed. my girlfriend was murdered by her crazy drug addict bf and she was a drug addict herself. he shot her a few times. nearly cut their dogs head off. then he killed himself and her daughter came home to find them both dead. on the 4th of October which is to close to my birthday the 7th. i will never forget. so far by luck or gods grace my one brother who i think will one day be found dead hasn't yet.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yea my mom died in jan 2007 when i was 16 of a prescription drug overdose
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• and my dad to alchol in 1995 (he was a drunk driver and ran into a 18 wheeler)
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well, Im not sure if he is dead or not.. But a very good friend of mine was unfortunately addicted to heroin. He would recover for short periods of time but always fell back into the same thing. He was such a good man, it is definitely a shame. But, he went traveling as he would from time to time, going from coast to coast hitting up music festivals etc... He went missing on 06-02-09.. And has yet to be heard from. I pray to God that he is still alive out there somewhere, but my gut tells me otherwise. Its so heartbreaking what drugs can do to such a good soul. I am still very close to his Mother and Brother. Its crazy how often I think of him. The unknown only makes it that much harder for everyone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, my little brother was killed in a drunk driving 'accident'.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• And the worst one for me - the guy I was engaged to for 2 years, was coming down off a cocaine high when he shot himself in the head.
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My father died from alcoholism. Left my mom alone for over 20 years.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2010