so im 17ws 2ds prego and i have lost 15 pounds already but all i want to do is eat fruits and veggies any ideas on how i can gain weight i need to gain 2 pounds buy sept 13 help

i just went to the docts monday and lost 5 more pounds i thought was eating healthy but i just dont know what to do help plz

dylansmommie23

Asked by dylansmommie23 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WHY do you need to gain? and why specifically 2lbs?

If you are overweight then I don't see the problem. It takes alot of energy to grow that baby so you are burning alot of calories. Are you sick alot? With both of my kids I only gained 17lbs and by the time I left the hospital I weighed less then when I got preggo.

Try eatting pasta. Like a Chicken Alfredo, or steak gorgonzola
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• As long as the baby is growing well and remains at a healthy size/weight you don't "need" to gain weight. I lost 15lbs in the beginning and only gained that back by the end of my pregnancy with a 71/2lb baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• CARBS
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Is your doctor telling you to gain weight? As long as you are eating healthy, it shouldn't matter if you are gaining or not, unless you were super skinny when you got pregnant.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you are underweight and need to gain more, get foods high in fats, such as ice cream, yogurt, cheese, avocado, etc. If all you want is fruit, make a fruit smoothie using ice-cream or yogurt (not the low-fat kind) and cream instead of milk. It will add a ton of calories but still be fruity flavored. For veggies, how about a dip to go with them? Anything creamy, like ranch, sour-cream based dips, etc. will pack in the calories (and taste really good too!). Make sure you are taking a vitamin (be it prenatal or children's flintstones) to make up for your lack in nutrition as well (like iron and certain vitamins). Good luck!
    trebelcleff

Answer by trebelcleff at 11:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• if you're overweight it's common to lose weight. i'm thin so i only gained 15 pounds with my son. he was almost 9 pounds when he was born and healthy. if your doctor tells you to gain weight i suggest eating food high in carbs like pasta and bread.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I lost a ton of weight when I was pregnant because I was sick constantly...man I wish I could go back to that body I had in my first trimester, lol.

Why do you "have" to gain weight?
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 11:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yep I will repeat the same question that all the others have asked, why would you need to gain weight?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's important to eat protein while pregnant. That means meat or other sources of protein. You can't just eat fruits and veggies. Here is some info from the Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-nutrition/PR00108

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• peanut butter or nutella on your apples and pears is sooooo good and adds some calories. avocado is also a good way to add calories, creamy salad dressings would also help. But you also need to balance out your diet and add some protiens and carbs. Baby needs diversity!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2010