How long for my sex drive to come up after labor?

So, I had my daughter on June 24th, so she is almost 4 months old. My sex drive was WAY down before I even got pregnant, but my first trimester of pregnancy, I was pretty horny. But then, it went down again. My husband and I had sex at 4 1/2 weeks after, a total of 3 times that week, and not since. I dont even think it even exists. I am breastfeeding, so i am on a special birth control. I know people say it takes a while, but being that I haven't felt the want in any way, shape or form since, I am concerned it wont come back. Anyone go threw this same thing and got their grove back? Give me some hope!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Wow! This so sounds like me. It took 6-9 mos to seriously get my groove back. I faked it til I felt it for my husbands sake...and because I craved the closeness. It was hard for him to be close to me when he knew sex was not an option.
    Babujai

Answer by Babujai at 10:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had some physical issues (my episiotomy didn't heal for 6 months), so that screwed things up all on it's own. But that problem aside, I found that the mini-pill (is that what you're taking?) really killed my sex drive. I tried it for just a few weeks, and then threw it away. My libido took awhile to come back, but now it's higher than ever.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have that same problem, but my son is one so I can truly say good luck to you. I wouldn't want any woman to feel like this. I just started on Ortro tric cylen lo so hopefully that will help.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 11:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008