What's the best way you've found to lose the baby weight?

I have 2 sons and I am 5'6" and weigh 145 and would like to ideally be about 120. I've not been an avid exerciser since I had my first!

kamsmommy17

Asked by kamsmommy17 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you're 145 and complaining? i'd kill to be 145 at least! i'm 165...i got down to 158 once...then some came back...ggrr lol. as much running around and chasing the kids i do all day, you'd think i'd be a stick. nope. not even close. don't even lose a pound.

how i GOT to 158 wasn't easy either. dh had just deployed, so i had a 5month old and a 2yr old on my own. so i got a wii fit, used it at nap and bedtime, did an hour a day, even if it was 30min at nap and 30 at bedtime. i'd watch my calories, no more than 1600 calories a day. (that was my goal, you do your own, i'd say about 2000 since everything in the 'nutrition box on stuff is based on a 2000 cal diet.) i was about 180, went down to 158...from a size 18 to a 12, 10 in some brands :) now i'm stuck at 165...i stopped doing all that when the kids got bigger, i got too busy, nap time and bedtime is my "me/rest time" from chasing them around all day. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• oh yeah, i lost that weight in 2 months. no lie. only the trick is you don't diet. you change your eating and excercising habits forever. that's something i didn't do. it's hard for me to see a burger, smell the awsome scent and start thinking calories LOL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I breast fed
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have a Wii...I am going to try the WiiFit and I definitely need to learn to watch my caloric intake...I scarf stuff down,LOL. I am breastfeeding still as my youngest is 6 months old and it honestly has not helped me shed any weight and quite frankly I'm disappointed, LOL. That was an additional perk for me!
    kamsmommy17

Comment by kamsmommy17 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I found a workout program that I actually enjoy doing (Turbo Jam), and I started using www.sparkpeople.com to keep a daily food journal. I also found online workout buddies to help keep me accountable.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 12:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have 4 kiddos and I have done weight watchers after all 4. I didn't go to the meetings I just followed the plan and it does work. :)
    pios6

Answer by pios6 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Count calories and exercise. It is still calories in vs. calories burned. I find I can have one or two weekly indulgences and still lose about 1.5 pounds per week. Doesn't sound like much but the weeks add up.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 4:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I breastfed, and still do at 20 months. I am still losing...I lost all 40lbs of baby weight plus almost 40 more. I need to work on toning now, and not gaining it back when he decides to wean :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010