Is it me, or do doctors just happen to do this ALOT!

Everytime I have a tiny problem or fail some lab testing, the doctors tell you the worst that could happen. They never tell you WELL on the bright side this could be nothing, or we can retest or revalutate to make sure we are certain. Its like your a boring patient of nothing is wrong with you.

Lately my doctors have been scaring the crap out of me, only to retest or reevalute because Irequest it and demand it, and then they realize they were wrong. Im tired of them scaring me geez... give me good and bad news not just bad... id like to not stress out the child that resides within the womb, THANKS

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 11:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• Nope I have never had that problem, I hope that it gets better for you.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• OH YES! I had a dr. who freaked me out everytime I went in there! I gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby and I was fine too!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have medically fragile kids and the MD's do the opposite it seems...the kids are in the room when the attending talks or their learner MD call the home and request more stuff and really don't have the permission or language yet to talk in the future conditional...

glad they are wrong...but egads...maybe its just a "horse" and not a "zebra"
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I had the opposite experience. I had a brain tumor that I could clearly see on my MRI and they tried to downplay it until I could get another test from a different angle.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 11:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You see its either or, they try to scare you or they dont give u clear answers. They figure we are not doctors so we must not know anything. But I tell you what as a woman I know my body, and I know when pain is there and when its not, when somethings wrong and when its not, its their job to fix it and it boils down to them not wanting to say well maybe I really dont know, maybe I was wrong... hmm they really cant admit it and refer to another doctor who might be able to help. Its like some sort of rep they have to keep up. I dont care how much schooling you had, when you know you know and when u dont you should refer, we put our lives in thier hands, and they juggle it like its nothing because they see so many people we are just a number to most of these docs. When you ladies find a good doc that works with you, is honest, and seems to know what they are doing HOLD ON TO THEM. Im still looking for mine :-)
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I love my doctor - he's very kind, and gives the most clear answers I've ever heard. I have a few skin spots that are new and I was concerned about...I'm allergic to sunscreen so wearing it is not an option and I am in the sun ALL the time. I love being out doors...so to see these weird little spots popping up, freaked me out.

His answer in reference to the spot on my nose; "I'm glad you are in touch with yourself...keep an eye on this one, because right now, it looks fine. That may not be your case though. If it's what you think it is, we have caught it early enough to make sure that you won't have cancer spreading through your body. Just let me know if it changes, or you get more anywhere else on your body, and we will go ahead and biopsy then freeze the little bastards off so you can stay healthy! Let me show you how to check your back..."

I hope you get through it all!!!
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Thats an awesome doctor. Im happy you found a god one!
    Im getting through this, and handling it as best as I can. I just want the doctors to realize that when I feel something is wrong I know it, like whats the harm in doing a little more testing, and being that im pregnant can they be a little more sensative to my darn concerns needs. Ive had to curse many doctors out and I just want this pregnancy to be over so I can find myself a good pediatrician and not have to deal with that office anymore. 3 weeks left and this is OVA!!
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've never had that problem, thankfully. My old doctor used to make sure he reassured me about everything because he knew how paranoid I am about things. But I just moved a few months ago and have to find a new doctor and with my luck, I'll get stuck with a doctor like the one you described.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010