Anyone have any hints on weddings? My daughter is getting married on base and we are having their reception there.

Do you think having food stations will encourage folks to mingle? Also what is your feelings on having just an open bar for just 1 hour. I feel that since it's on a military base, that we are responsible for our guests. Would you do cash bar after a 1 hour open bar or is that too tacky? I thought on base things would be a little cheaper, but i'm finding out that isn't necessarily the case.

Ittgal

Asked by Ittgal at 11:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh that's a good idea about the bar. it also helps on money. as for the food stations, i'm not sure. every wedding i've been to has a long table with the food on it, and everyone goes up there and gets their food, and there are servers that place it on their plate. also have a fruit table for people to have a small snack while waiting for the meal. I didn't have the big wedding of my dreams, but what i had planned, put a disposable camera on every table, you'll get tons of pics from different angles. have the groomsmen "kidnap" the groom...make sure you have an extra set of pants ready...tie them at the bottom, and make an announcement there is a ransom..and all the ransom money goes to the honeymoon..then have someone walk around with the pants and people put money in it lol. or just have the groom and bride get paid to dance with people. (i don't remember what the dance is called) GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think because its a wedding, people are going to mingle anyways. And I would let the guests know ahead of time that its an open bar for 1 hour only. That way its not such a shock.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would serve buffet style, that way people will get up and see everyone else as they are going to and from the food. Cash bar after 1 hour is a good idea. It will help keep people from overindulging. If you are having the reception at the enlisted or officer's club it will be a little more than if you had it at the chapel's reception hall, but sometimes at the chapel you can't serve alcohol.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010