Do you believe?

Do you believe that all children are borrowed from god. When my daughter passed this christian shrink told me that "all children are borrowed from god." That he lent them to us in good faith to raise. When they are taken from our lives they obviously are missed dearly but they were never really ours in the first place.

Where do you stand with that statement he made. Do you believe he is right or wrong, and why?

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 11:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I believe that every life is a gift from God.

Yes, I believe that God lends us his little Children to take care of and to raise and teach about him.

I am very sorry to hear that your Daughter Passed. I hope that you are able to find some comfort in something that someone says. God Bless You.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I believe they are a gift from God and we are entrusted with their care. But I do believe that they are ours, just like any gift is.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think ta gift is a better way of putting it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I believe that all life is a gift from God. We are made in HIS image, we are meant to do HIS work, and in the end we return to HIM. So I guess, in a sense your Counselor is right.

I am really sorry to hear about your daughter passing. I can't even begin to image the pain, and honestly, I don't ever want to
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I believe we are all part of the All and that children are no exception. It is part of life and nature for us to lose loved ones, including some children sometimes. It's very sad, and I am in no way belittling the ache of losing a child. But death is as much a miracle and has as much beauty in it as birth. It's just another transformation. Sometimes I think a death is part of our lesson in life... I learned a lot from the pregnancy I lost. And sometimes it's just nature taking it's course.

I'm sorry for your loss. But I believe my children are MINE. I find it kind of patronizing and heartless to say that my children never belonged to me. They are a part of me just as we are part of the All.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no. I think children come from a biological process only. Sperm+Egg=Child. Thats it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was just wondering because everything u ladies have said is wat I believe. Children are precious gifts sent to us from him to love, care for and teach them about god. If god just so happens to call them home, well I am happy that god selected me to be a parent to those children that he sent.

Loosing a child is really hard. I wake up every morning and don't know how I do it, but I do because if my daughter watches over me, and sees me and hears me she wouldnt want to see her mom go down hill she would want me to get out of bed, make the best of life and for her siblings. If i can no longer be with her, I will make her happy in the only way I know how as of right now. :-)
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If children are just on loan from God, what happens when they become adults? I agree with the others - children are a precious GIFT and it is up to us to do our best to honor that gift and not take it for granted. I am so very sorry for your loss.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I agree with him. We are taught this by reading our Bibles. Yes your lil lady is still with you in a sense. I've never lost a kid but my sista did and its hard but it does get better. You just gotta take it one day @ a time and cry when you feel the need.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I'm truely sorry for your loss. I do believe children are a gift from God, this does not make the loss of a child easier to understand.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2010