House alarm systems? adult content

I have Brinks, now Broadview, and now they are combining with ADT. I used to work for ADT and quit after they installed two systems in homes in my city and both houses burned to the ground because of faulty installation. I have all my equipment from Brinks, so I trust it. Are there any other good home alarm systems? I also want to add surveillance cameras. Any information you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 11:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I feel that regardless of how "good" and "safe" you think youre neighborhood is, you can never be TOO safe. An alarm system is a great help in so many ways to so many different people.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I dont have one but am most definitely getting one soon, as my house got robbed while we were away on a family vacation. GL and I hope you find your answer. You can never be too safe, just remember that.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope hopefully another Mom has some information for you. I have no desire for a security system.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I did not buy the alarm system for burglar/theft reasons. I got it so I could call for medical help in case of an emergency. My service dog has a touch pad that if he cannot alert me to me getting ill, he presses that touch pad and barks until the EMT's arrive. The local firehouse knows I have a service dog, so when they hear him bark, they know I am unable to call for help.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have what you have - Brinks -> Broadview -> ADT. I have been happy with it so far, but we don't have cameras.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My children think I live in the 'hood', but it is just an older neighborhood that I could afford as a single mom. If I wanted to live in a gated community with a guard at the gates, my kids would not have had the great college education or for that matter, we would only have eaten ramen noodles for 20 odd years. No thanks.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We have our security system through our local Oil Company haven't has a problem at all we used to have ADT but on way to many occasions our alarm would sound off and they would never call to find out what was wrong luckily nothing major ever occurred but still you want to feel like you are not wasting your money and safety.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I had ADT and was happy with them.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Honestly, if you live in an area that you feel you NEED not only an alarm system, but survelliance cameras then I would be selling my house and moving to a better neighborhood.....assuming ofcourse that you are not filthy rich and at the mercy of the media and papparazzzi
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010