So Long Summer -- Is anyone else glad that...

once summer is over and the weather cools the mosquitos will go away.

Are you a mosquito magnet?

How do you keep from getting bit all summer long?

Codysmom2106

Asked by Codysmom2106 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am one of the lucky ones and I never get bit. My youngest daughter is as you describe though a mosquito magnet. I have never used so much bug spray in my life along with long sleeves and long pants on warm days. We visited this place called Crater Lake in Oregon and I have never seen so many mosquitoes in my life. The snow was melting and there was puddles of water everywhere for them to breed. That is saying a that there was a lot because I have lived in Florida and South Carolina which have what I thought were a ton of them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm sad that it's getting cooler. I never complain about the heat - I love it! Don't have to shovel heat!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My 5 month old baby got bit twice the other day.... :( Stupid Mosquitos..... Leave my babies alone!

And yes... I am a total magnet! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am just glad that it is starting to cool off a bit. I am 30 weeks pregnant and the heat is Miserable.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I stay in when they are out. HAHA!!!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't get bit and someone told me a funny theory and it worked for everyone that was there. They say if you're O+ blood type you attract misquitoes and A+ repel them...I'm A+ and don't get bit...crazy!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm so glad summer is over! Today here in Texas was fall weather - highs about 90. I use Off if I'm outside to repel those monster mosquitos.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Misquitos eat me alive during the summer time. I could be outside for 30 seconds and come back in with atleast 2 or 3 bites. Thank God for Off misquito repellant!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I attract them, and I hate it!! My bites get all super huge, eeww! I'm glad they aren't around all year long. I use spray when I think of it.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm so glad! I once spent an hour outside, with bug spray, and got nearly 40 mosquito bites :-(
    I just stay in my nice air conditioned home. I can't wait until it's 60-65ish outside and I can turn the furnace off! We don't even use heat until it dips into the 50s. Only people we know who's electric bill drops in winter!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010