what is shahada

testimony of faith

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• idk

Answer by hendrickson at 12:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Mmm, Idk either. It is not in the dictionary lol.

Answer by KimberlyMonique at 1:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The Shahada is the Muslim declaration of belief in the oneness of God and acceptance of Muhammad as his prophet. Recitation of the Shahadah is the most important of the Five Pillars of Islam for Muslims and is performed daily. Non-Muslims wishing to convert to Islam do so by a public recitation of the creed.

Answer by cacnotcam at 1:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Cacnotcam is correct.

Answer by heatkab at 7:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• yes cacnotcam is right

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• CACNOTCAM has the best answer!!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Shada is when muslims say that there is only One god and that Muhammed is the final messenger of god. I said shada just over 2 years ago. I am so happy. Even with all the things in the media,Islam is still growing. The thing that I really like is that there is so many different cultures and people. I could be praying to someone with the whitest of skin to the blackest. All different people , with the same belief that there is only one god.

Answer by muslimmom at 2:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It also means you have to denounce Christ. Jesus said, "If you deny me before men, I will deny you before My Father." I would NEVER denounce my Lord and Saviour! I wouldn't want anything to do with a religion that would even expect this of me.

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2008

• No, you don't denounce Christ. Jesus Christ peace be upon him is the Muslim's Messiah as well. we just don't see him as a God. but we believe in him and we await his coming.

yes, Shahada is testifying there is only ONE God. and that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is his messenger. you don' have to say it every day in itself. but it is said during the daily prayers, or during supplications. if a Non Muslim wants to become Muslim. they don't have to say it out in public. though they can if they like.. it is best to have at least  two witnesses. but if you say it in the sight of God. then you are Muslim.

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• But Muhammad wasn't God's "final messenger" Jesus Christ was the part of the Godhead that took on human flesh and dwelt among us. He shed His blood for our sins that we might be forgiven and saved in order to spend eternity with God in Heaven. I testify that God IS GOD and that Jesus is my Savior. I could never become a Muslim because they don't teach salvation through Christ. I don't want to be part of any religion that denies the Deity of Jesus.