if you got induced did you have to get a c section?

i'm not trying to cause a debate. my sister's water broke not too long ago. i don't know if they will induce her or not. but if they do what are her chances of a c section? if you got induced did you get a c section?

xavierlogan09

Asked by xavierlogan09 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• induced. vaginal delivery.
    Hopefully since her water broke on its own, no induction will be necessary! :) Hoping for the best for your sis!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• if her water broke then why does she need induced?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Induction carries a 50% risk of c-section. And if she doesn't put anything in her vagina (or allow exams) she is highly unlikely to develop an infection, and labor almost always starts by 48 hours after the water bag ruptures. But if she's seeing an interventive doctor it's too late for this information to make any difference in the outcome.

I was induced with my first and did not have a C-section by the skin of my teeth. They kept talking about it because they couldn't see my contractions on the monitor to know that my daughter's decels were during contractions, recovering and were NORMAL. I would have refused anyway, but it sure sucked having them talk about "Oh, we might need to get the doctor in here and if she sees this she's gonna want to do a section." I'll never be in the hospital to give birth again lol.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes I did get induced and yes I had to have a c section. But in my case the babies heart beat dropped to eight beats a min and I fell asleep as soon as they practically started the induction. I didn't want my baby to go through that again so I chose the c section and it saved hers and my life
    pndbrs2005

Answer by pndbrs2005 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was induced with my first - no c-section.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was induced, and delivered vaginally.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I got induced due to low fluids around the baby. Pushed for nearly 4 hours, but his head was swollen and facing my hip.. I started running a high fever and throwing up so they decided to give me a c-section. I think it depends on the person and also the hospital & staff. GL to your sis & hope everything goes well :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i don't know why they'd induce her but i know some hospitals do. i had to get an emergency c section. so i have no idea. my water didn't break either. thanks for the advice.
    xavierlogan09

Comment by xavierlogan09 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was induced with my first and didn't have to have a c-section, it actually went very smoothly.
    misty_dawn1406

Answer by misty_dawn1406 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Induced twice and no C-section. I will see with my 3rd how it goes, my babies don't want to come on their own...
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2010