I'm looking to meet some "mommy friends" in my area...all my current friends here are guys!!! where can I introduce myself? I am new to this site!!! Thanks!!!

cuteducky

Asked by cuteducky at 12:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Where is your area?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• http://www.meetup.com/find/

I found a great group of moms in my area on this site. You can look up not just mommy groups, but any type of group you may be interested in. Just type in your city, state or zip!

I also found a fabulous group of friends through CafeMom and finding groups on here that were designated for the month of my due date when I was preggo.

Congrats on the baby and good luck!
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I know it's not on this site, but once you have your baby you will meet lots of other moms at the park, museum, wherever you go with your baby. I am not the most outgoing person but since having my son I will start a conversation with another mom very easily. Also try your local craigslist.com and meetup.com for like-minded people.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• great ideas!!! thank u!!! i live in kissimmee, florida (mickey mouse town) :) im pretty outgoing, but it is hard to make friends here for some reason!!! i cannot wait to have the baby!!!!
    cuteducky

Comment by cuteducky (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• when the baby is a few months join a mommy/baby play group Just be careful who you meet on this site because I have heard some pretty interesting stories...not all good I might add...but there are some wonderful mom's here!!!! I am just saying be careful.....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I also recommend meetup.com. I've been in groups the last 3 places I've lived. If there isn't a group near you, you can always start one. That's what I did when I lived in Hinesville - after a few weeks, the group became huge and I made a lot of great friends. What's good is that most of the moms groups are private so your info isn't public.

If you're still pregnant, I'd suggest taking a class at the hospital where you'll deliver - you'll meet other moms due around the same time.
    Autumn317

Answer by Autumn317 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2010