What is the major difference between a homepage and profile page on Cafemom?

I am just curious. It seems that there are some things on our profile that are not on our homepage. I have checked out the different settings and widgets but there are still some differences and I was just wondering why we have both a homepage and a profile?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Only you can see your homepage, no matter what your securtiy settings are. As for your profile page, this is the page that is viewed by whoever you have decided to allow to view it. If you set your securtiy settings to private, only your friends can see it. If you dont have any securtiy settings in place, I can click on your logo right now and view your profile, all depends what your comfortable with. Lots of times, I keep extra widgets and pics on my homepage, I think of it as a behind the scenes kind of thing and my profile is the on stage portion.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• the homepage is your page of stuff and the profile page is your page that people view. . . and with that you can set it to where only friends can view it or things on it. . . I know I am not explaining it fully and very well but hope that helps you.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 12:55 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Like the PP I use my home page for a staging area for seasonal or holiday changes.

You can think of them as home and away. Your profile is the personality you choose to share with others and your home page has access to everything you may want to keep track of on CM.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:09 AM on Sep. 4, 2010