Speaking of suicide.... Heaven or Hell...

I wanted to thank all who answered this question I had posted. I truly got some wonderful inspiring thoughts. I really do appreciate your thoughts and in put.
I do want to clarify that the question was not because I am contemplating the thought of ending my life. It was really because I wanted some incite to how others viewed this debate. I want to say thanks for giving me your input and feed back. xoxoxox MMM

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• glad to know that. though it might comfort you that i didn't think you were asking because you were suicidal. i just thought you wanted information.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well that is good to know, it is always nice to hear other peoples perspectives on things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think IMO I don't have the right to say where I think anyone is going because Its not my job to judge people. So in this situation all I would do is pray for that person and not pass judgement by saying they are in hell.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I missed that question.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Someone very close to my heart killed himself a year and a half ago because he was in such unspeakable psychic/emotional pain he felt hopeless. Do i think a truly loving God would condemn his soul to never ending torment because he ended his own life for this reason? Hell no!
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 1:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I use to think yes but now No! I say this because a bipolar person can killed himself while he was off his meds. God is not cruel, he's long suffering.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:52 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't think we go anywhere, as such, I don't see the point other then putting a stop to a crappy existence.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• That would depend on if they accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. The only thing that keeps you out of Heaven and headed to Hell is if you deny Him
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I believe that heaven and hell are places we choose.....I also believe very strongly in purgatory where most people go before making that final choice.....a person who dies by suicide is usually someone who is in so much pain that they see no other choice.....if they are mentally ill, they cannot be held responsible....if they are forced, they cannot be held responsible either....God is LOVE.....and He/She isn't out to get us...Look at how Jesus treated sinners....how he talked to them, how he loved them....how he protected them, especially the poor....look how he spoke to those who felt themselves to be righteous, and set impossible standards for others...look at how he talked to them about passing judgement on one another.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010