What could I do for a fundraiser or What can I do to earn money

My grandma is not doing well at all but she is holding on for some reason. We are all making plans already for her funeral. The thing is the total amount is a lot and all the kids were asked to pit$1000 dollars each. I really want to help my mom out with that. She is the one who has been with my grandma since day one of all of this. I feel bad for her because she has no money but puts in all her time just siting there at the hospice watching my grandma sleep. What can I do to earn money for her or what fund-raising ideas do you ladies have so I can help out.

amandaeastman

Asked by amandaeastman at 1:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Is there a family church you go to? If so, I'd imagine they could help you with this.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• lol oh i wish the church we are a part of is the one my uncle pastors so basically he has to put $1000 in too
    amandaeastman

Comment by amandaeastman (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• wishuponahero dot come see if there's ideas there
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

I do fundraisers...and I would love to be able to help you!!! Please let me know if this is something you're interested in. I can get this started for you right away if you'd like.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Get the local newspapers and TV stations involved. Hold a car wash or a bake sale. If your uncle is a pastor, you could hold it at the church.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I never thought of that with the newspaper and all of that good idea thank you
    amandaeastman

Comment by amandaeastman (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• In order to legally have a fund raiser, you need to file for a tax exempt letter from the IRS.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i was gonna say church too .. gl!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Tastefully Simple also offers Fundraising options, I am not sure where you are located but you can find a local consultant @ http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/tweathers

MrsWeathers

Answer by MrsWeathers at 8:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• this isnt a go out and knock door to door fundraiser maybe some of her old friends from home and the church and some of the extended family so im sure we will be ok and the other ladies thanks for the info
    amandaeastman

Comment by amandaeastman (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010