School Fundraisers.......

Have you ever noticed that when it comes to fundraising time with schools that they are always picking out things that some people can't afford? It's always so expensive and I can't even afford to buy anything from my child, not to mention the other people I know. Why can't they pick something that is more affordable for everyone?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• The easiest fundraiser that we are rolling out in North Carolina is... www.schoolheart.com

If is free and save supporters hundreds of dollars with "The hCard" amazing..
    ThehCard

Answer by ThehCard at 6:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't even bother. My kids are not going to solicit from people or relatives. We do participate in Market Day and we turn in a lot of box tops every year.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Two years ago I bought a set of coasters, hamburger presser, and wrapping paper. I still have the hamburger presser and coasters. And those are the last things we bought.
    I know what you mean by expensive.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• our school just ask us for money...they send home white envelopes and you put in what you can...no names...all kids turn in one in filled or not.....people can fund more than one student if they like.....they figure 124 per kid for dance/art/life lab.....our private school parents give tons and sometime fund their kids whole class~

no rallies, no selling door to door and no trying to win an ipod for selling~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I hate fundraisers too... I know they are expensive... I can't afford them either.. but the school my kids go too is very small, 200 kids at the most. thats k-12..So we try to keep or school running by fundraisers, or bake sales, any thing we can get to keep the school going... the goverment only gives so much..
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 1:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Our fundraisers are actually pretty good, the oly problem i have is by the time i have done them for both schools, then cub scouts, then girls scouts, I start to runout of people to ask or they are sick of seeing me lol.

Our school does family portraits each year, it only cost $10 and you get several 8x10's, if you choose to buy more then great if not the school still gets the $10. We also do basket raffles, spaghetti feeds, dessert autions, and magazine sales etc. Its pretty low cost but does really well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am PTA, and we are military schools we do yankee candles, and christmas catalog, and honestly, i spend abou 100 dollars per child, adn my family spends tons too! I guess that depends on your income! I LOVE FUNDRAISERS!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010