Were You Induced?

Were You induced? If so Why and How far along were you? Or if You Are getting induced why and how far along will you be?

LovingThem2710

Asked by LovingThem2710 at 1:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i wa sinduced with my 2nd because he kept flipping every day, and my doctor and i really didnt want me to go into labor while he was breech, so i was induced three days before my due date and gave birth to a 9 n a half pound baby boy, how he was flipping inside me i dont know..lol
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 1:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was at my scheduled delivery date of 37 to 42 weeks and yes i was induced. No reason y, had no problems, some hospital staff does different things.
    Proudmama7380

Answer by Proudmama7380 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• yes i was induced, i was 2 week's past my due date and dd was measureing on the big side!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 1:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yup I was both times....
    #1 at 38 weeks due to pre-eclampcia and coli-stasis - my daughter was born healthy at 8 lbs 12 oz
    #2 at 39 weeks due to the fact that I was headed in the same direction so we decided to induce vs waiting until I was having the same issues, I also had gestational diabetes - my son was born at 9 lbs 8 ozs, healthy as can be ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i was because i wasnt progressing fast enuff..they induced me twice..they broke my water, then i had an emerg c section :S
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was induced five days after my due date because of "decreased fetal activity." Gave birth to an 8lb 11oz baby girl twelve hours later :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes. I was induced at 40wks and 1 day because I had severe preclampsia. They were gonna do it later that week..but right after my 40wk appointment they shipped me to Labor & Delivery and said I had to start right then and there. Boy, was I unprepared for that one!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• In terms of what most people will probably consider induced, no I wasn't but I was given pitocin. I was 4 days shy of my due date when my water broke. I went to the hospital at 1 am and was fully effaced and dialated to almost 2. My contractions were 3 minutes apart although they were so weak I wasn't even feeling them. They told me it would be a while and advised me to get some sleep. At 8 am my contractions had slowed to 15 minutes apart (still not feeling them) so they introduced a very slow pitocin drip. At 9 am I felt the most painful intense contractions and was at 5cm. My DD was born at 2pm.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 1:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my last one was induced because I was 41 weeks and he was big...24 hours later and a c-section out came a 9 lb baby, with a 14 inch head and 14 inch chest...I'm so happy I didn't have to push him out
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I had preeclampsia and in the middle of the night while on bed rest in the hospital my BP rose to 198/119. They say its a miracle I didnt have a stroke or seize. Anyways I was induced at 32 weeks by meds and by him breaking my water.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 2:09 AM on Sep. 4, 2010