Am I the only mom...

who has no problem with smoking pot? I really dont care if my kid smokes pot, as long as it doesnt interfere with grades, work, etc... I know, Im crazy

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Children should not use it at all for any reason IMO! I can careless what adults do. I work in the legal system and this country would save so much money if it was legalized for sure. It is a waste of time to have to work with people everyday who have gone to jail for marijuana when there are much more serious crimes we should be more concerned about.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Are you kidding me? You are crazy and that is not okay in my book.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:03 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Smoking pot kills brain cells so it DOES interfere with grades, work, etc. So you should have a problem with it.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my neighbor smokes it up with her son and he is a great student and mows our grass for free..I do not really know the kid but he is always nice/decent/respectful maybe the weed just calms him down so he can be who he is...I really do not know this is just my guess.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I do not have a problem with adults using pot responsibly. But a child? Absolutely under no circumstances. He needs to figure out who he is before he starts messing with mind-altering substances...being a teenager is hard enough.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Let me just say this, I probably worded that question wrong.... I would NEVER tell my dd to smoke or just flat out tell her its ok to do. But if I were to ever catch her smoking, I wouldnt be mad. I smoked my fair share of pot in high school and I graduated in the top 10% of my class (of 530 kids). If it wasnt safe, doctors wouldnt be used it in Cali for medical uses

Morgs7531642

Comment by Morgs7531642 (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• And as far as medical use, vicodin and heroin and morphine are used medically. Does that mean they are safe for teenagers to use too? These things have side effects, and when prescribed medically, the benefit outweighs the risk of side effect. When used recreationally, you are just taking an unnecessary risk. I am really glad you came out ok, and I know most people who smoke pot are just fine. But as the parent you need to protect your kids from making decisions that can harm them. This is a parenting issue, not a pot issue.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2010