Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

is it ok to get back with the father of my boys n still keep him on child support or shuld i takem off if we do move in together agian?

Answer Question
Sandra S.

Asked by Sandra S. at 2:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • I wouldn't know I am sure that there is some type of law that deals with it. If I were you I would just keep it the way it is until you know that things are going to work out.

    Answer by Melbornj at 2:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Nooooo! I would never take him off child support. Some men get back with women just so they can take them off child support. Im not saying thats what he is doing. Its just best to look at the big picture.

    Answer by missthang42001 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Hmmm,,,be super careful with this one. If you guys get back together and start establishing credit together again, it could show up down the road. Also if you file taxes together next year,,that will show up as well. Just make sure this is what you want,,and go from there

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Im pretty sure the only way you can stop child support is if you get married... i mean.. do u know many dumb people out there break up and get back together do u really think the child support office is going to waste there time and money dealing with court and state laws and all that jazz because you have a change in heart.. idk about your state but here.. u can only have child support stopped with proof of marriage

    Answer by SammiGirl07 at 2:24 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • That is true in most states the only way to drop a support order is to get married

    Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Here in Georgia you can close your child support case from your personal online website they give you to keep up with your case. You can only do it twice. After the second time you close your case you arent allowed to put the father back on child support. It does not matter the reason for stopping the child support.

    Answer by missthang42001 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • No just keep him on it. He should want to help any way that he can. You can always just tell him that you have to leave him on for another year or two just because you started it. Just stretch it out as long as you can or until you guys are married or have something more conrete. You guys cam just budget around what he is gibing child support. Dont give it up. Just wait

    Answer by Seterah1010 at 3:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • I agree with everyone else. You dont want to maybe break up and have to try and get child support again..what a pain. Its not like its going to some one else, you're still getting the money and it will still go to your household which would include him if you are together, so I dont see the point of canceling it.

    Answer by Brandi2206 at 3:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • With most child support cases your suppose to report if you get in contact with the father or he moves in with you. You can still get child support from him or they'll stop it as monthly payments and consider him living with you as a way of him taking care of his children, when my baby's father and I married I called child support and cancelled all the back pay he owed me and stopped child support request. This works for a lot of couples but I was told that if I cancelled it I can't request any of that money back, it was over 14,000 he owed but I'm still married and ok with it, if we divorce it'll just be from the time we divorce into the future not any of the other money in the past.

    Answer by babyangelromero at 4:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • When my parents got back together they kept the CS going and just put it into an acct. I wouldn't stop it if I were you.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.