breast question please help

i have a painful bump on my breast by my nipple and it looks like milk was commin out im not pregnant i dont think and i havent breastfed since my daughter was like 6 months now she is 15 months what is this or what could it be it hurts could it be old breast milk clogged in there or what

Mommyandreaof2

Asked by Mommyandreaof2 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• Sounds like an infected duct. See you GYN and they will probably give you antibiotics. You may also try a warm shower or hot compress. I hope you feel better soon.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Exactly what ur saying is what it sound's like. Go see ur ob.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It could be something minor and treatable with antibiotics. It could be breast cancer and the longer you wait to find out, the more likely you will need chemotherapy and it will spread throughout your body. You may be looking for reassurance but don't take it from anyone here. Make a doctor's appointment today and take care of yourself appropriately.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• the same problem happened to me and what my dr told me it was a cloged milk duct he didnt give me any antibiotocs he just told me to take a hot shower and hot compress
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 9:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008