Best recipe for Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I need a good recipe for pulled pork sandwiches. I am pretty plain jane when it comes to eating habits also.

kamsmommy17

Asked by kamsmommy17 at 2:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Take a pork shoulder roast and put it in the crock pot with just a little bit of chicken stock, little bit of salt and pepper. Cook on low 8-9 hours. Shred the pork with 2 forks. Mix in a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (or make homemade, which we like better it's just more work!) and heat another 30 minutes or so. Serve on some hearty buns with coleslaw!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Slow cooker with home made or store bought barbecue sauce and let it cook all day long. Easy and delicious.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Slap some Cole slaw on that bad boy!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes and yes to the previous posters. Low and slow is the only way to cook it. I use the slow cooker with bbq sauce, then I like to take the juices when it's done and reduce it back down to a thick sauce. And the coleslaw adds a whole other crunch and crisp flavour. Mmmmm.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I do the pork roast in the slow cooker with chicken broth and add BBQ sauce later, after I have shredded the meat. Some of us do not like a lot of sauce so this way allows some to have very little if they want.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i use pre packaged mix
    cloudgazer

Answer by cloudgazer at 9:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010