Best Running Shoe?

What do you think is the best type of running shoe and why?

kamsmommy17

Asked by kamsmommy17 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Asics, because I have a wide foot. I also like New Balance, but I like Asics better.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I prefer Nike, because since I started having kids my feet are really big and wide and they fit comfortably.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 2:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• New balance. I have bad feet and they feel good.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• For me new balance.
    ripburn

Answer by ripburn at 2:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have some Nike Reaxx and I love them! Dh and I are going to go to Runner's World here in Atlanta soon and get analyzed and fitted for shoes that are specifically best for us though since we run a lot.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Go to a local runner's store (we have fleet feet here!) and get fitted. They will analyze your gait and your foot and make recommendations. I slightly over pronate (my ankles turn in towards each other) and I have flat feet so I need a stability shoe. My favorite by far are my Adidas Supernova Sequence. I can put them on for the 1st time on race day and know I'll have a perfect fit.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have an athletic shoe addiction- you name it, I have them. I rotate, and as long as they do not make my feet go numb, I'm ok. I have tiny feet and a high arch. I also prefer light over heavy-the lighter the better. I'm tempted to try the 5-toed shoes that simulate bare footed running. Vibram 5 fingers-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Asics or New Balance are my favorite but there are shoes for different types of running so try them all on, walk around the store, jog in place... You want to make sure no matter what the brand that the arch in your shoe fits your foot and I would by a sale pair if you are unsure bc running shoes are expensive but worth the money. Good luck!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• To find a running shoe that will last the longest, and give you the best support then I suggest holding the heel of the shoe in one hand and the tow of the shoe in the other. Try bending the shoe in half. If the shoe bends easily then there isn't much support and the shoe won't last very long.
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 5:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010