do you feel like you always have to fill the silence with your SO?

Are you comfortable riding in the car & NOT talking for a few minutes? Do you feel the need to break the ice somehow? That if he isn't talking that something is wrong? Can you guys be in the same room together but not be having a conversation & still feel content & not uneasy that something is wrong?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• We are comfortable enough to bask in each others' slience. Our best time is when we are both in the bed reading our books.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Silence is golden.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am not uncomfortable with silence but I am definitely the talker in the relationship/
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We have seldom moments of silence but it's not ever awkward, just that no one has anything to say
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• we embrace the silence. there is never awkward silence between us, only "i'm happy to be with you silence" words are meaningless and forgettable but feelings and actions are intence.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• we don't have much quiet time since i love to talk. lol. however we do have some moments of no talking and it's not akward at all. we enjoy being silent sometimes.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• when i first got married. i used to feel like silence was a problem so i always tried to fill it then we had the space discussion and the this is how i am discussion.. and i learned that he was perfectly fine with just riding in the car silently. or sitting on the couch holding hand in the dark quietly or being in the same room and never talking. i'm a talker he's not. we adapted. he accommodates and so do i
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sometimes but I am a talkalolic, so if I am not talking something is usually wrong.
    cynthia613

Answer by cynthia613 at 3:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We can have silences with no awkwardness at all. To me that's better, that comfortable silence, than just talking so there isn't silence. That woud be awkward to me.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We can ride for an hour in a car with no one talking. Its nice sometimes. Nothing is wrong, its not awkward. Its nice. We can do the same at home. We also have our days that we don't shut up either. I don't know which I like more. lol depends on my mood. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2010