What to use?!

I have introduced the "big boy" potty to my 2 year old son. He is terrified of it which I understand that they need to be ready. So I backed off. But he will go sit on his potty toilet all the time with his diaper on and constantly say "I'm pooping" but he really isn't.
Anyways--we are having a major problems with diapers. Before bed he gets changed then I change him again when I go to be which is a few hours later. But by the time that he wakes up in the morning he is drenched with pee all over the bed! He doesn't get anything to drink before bed either. I have moved him up a size in diapers and have tried every brand and still having leakage problems! What do you all recommend? Thanks in advance.

tns11

Asked by tns11 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried any Overnight diapers? My dd uses Huggies overnights and they seem to hold a good bit. Maybe you could try a plastic pant over his diaper? Just to help hold any leaks in.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My son (2yrs) pee's like you wouldn't believe as well. The only thing that's worked for us so far is the huggies overnights lke mom2twobaies said. Their a little more than I want to pay but they work and last quite a while for us.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Several options:
    Overnight diapers. We use the Huggies Overnights and have good luck with them. You can find them at most grocery stores and Walmart.
    Diaper doublers.These are like maxi-pads without a waterproof backing. You put them inside the diaper. You can find these at most grocery stores and at BabiesRUs. They are usually the "house" brand.
    A cloth dipaer with a waterproof cover. You put this on OVER the disposable diaper. It catches the pee that leaks from the disposable diaper and you only have to wash it in the morning instead of all the sheets.

As a precaution, I'd also ask his doctor. Lots of urine can be a sign of problems. He's probably fine but better safe than sorry.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2008