My Sister has a crush...did I give her good advice?

My sister has a crush on this boy and was surprising forward with him....she's pretty timid, but she went ahead and told him. She is 12, he's 12 and their in the same grade. He, I guess, Is attracted to her, ugghhh, and they want to be friends to see if they like each other, so my mom is allowing him to come over for a "study date".

UMMMM NOOOOOOO!

I was like WTF?!

So I basically told her that it is pointless to have a BF right now, there's nothing much to it besides make out, movies, going to each others sport games, and studying. Oh yeah maybe they can walk around and hold hands....whoop dee dooo

So I advised against it but if she felt so inclined to pursue him then she needs to just be friends, nothing more for a while and then later she can check in with me.

She feels like she needs my approval to date, my mom doesn't care, I'm like the dad...seriously so she seeks my approval.

did i do good?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you are sending her in the right direction. Which is wonderful as long as she does stay on the straight and narrow all sound like it will all fall into place.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• huh?
    @Louise2 your statement doesn't make sense to me.
    What I say doesn't matter to who? You? or my sister? which is who I am talking about. Obviously if she came to me about the subject then what I say DOES matter, or else she could have never brought it up. That simple. **Please read the whole question next time**
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 6:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sense she want your approval on this. You should not go against what your mom says. She is the parent not you. What you say really does not matter really.

Answer by louise2 at 6:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2010