What are ways you socialize your children, outside of school?

My son will soon be 10months old and I take him to play dates 2times a week. But I was wondering what other moms do with their older kids.

I know there are always play dates, and more play dates, even soccer for tots where I live, but what else. Is it just sleep overs and dinner? Or What?
What do you do?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Kung Fu,The Park,play dates at friends house ah just noticed your LO is 10 months.What I did when my DD was little was find a local Moms Club chapter they are always doing fun stuff throughout then month and I have also heard of Churches having "open play",your local library should have a story time a few times a week.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• before they were old enough for sports and clubs we did mommy and me classes, children museum, playdates, library and so on. There are a lot of free or low cost things you can do. check out your parks and rec dept and see what programs they have for younger kids.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am just starting to do the whole socializing thing with ds who is 5. He just started kindergarden and loves it. I wouldn't worry about socializing at a very young age. Babies are too busy learning lots of things and don't really notice. I will say though that next year when dd is 3 I plan on putting her in ballet or some kind of dance if she wants to. I did it as a girl and I loved it. It has nothing really to do with socializing, its just for fun.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My kids play outside with the other kids in the neighborhood. We don't do "playdates." Kids just ring our doorbell if they want my kids to come outside. And my kids do the same to them. Just like when I was a kid. When they were toddlers they just played with each other or my friend's kids when she'd come over to hang out. We didn't do a bunch of activities and the ones we did at our park we didn't start until my oldest was 4.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My boys are both on soccer and in cub scouts. They play outside with the neighborhood kids, too.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• take them to the park, let them hang out with friends w/ no set reason, go to parties, team sports, diff classses like swimming etc. fust have time with kids... for me there was a LOT of park time.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I ahve 4 and 1 on the way
    ballet
    sports
    church
    playdates with friends
    park
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010