Anyone else have problems with high blood pressure monitors?

I bought two,hbp monitors and they all misread my blood pressure.If they are so messed up how come noone else is complaining and returning them?Or maybe they are.I do it the right way.I'm frustrated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• I'm sorry, they're so expensive too, they should make them to work right. My husband bought and returned a couple of different ones. But in his case, he was getting inaccurate readings because the arm cuff thing wasn't big enough, even thought the 2nd one he bought was supposedly made for larger arms. He recently switched jobs and his work happens to be within walking distance from the Dr's office so they just have him come in weekly to get it checked. I suppose there is a cuff out there that he could buy that would work better for him though. I hope you are able to find a monitor that works correctly for you.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 5:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am a nurse and I hate those things! If you have Afib, heart blocks, fast/slow heart rate, or other cardiac issues, they tend not to work well. Also, many require you to use them exactly they way they say or you will get an inaccurate reading. If you havent another option and you need a BP reading for medications, you'll have to use it the exact way it says and only do one reading. If you feel like getting crazy, go an buy yourself a BP cuff and a scope, and do it manually. To get a HR reading, just take your pulse for 15 seconds and then times it by four.
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 6:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2010