Is it safe to dye your hair while pregnant?

xwonderwoman23x

Asked by xwonderwoman23x at 7:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I colored my hair & didn't have a problem.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 7:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• The jury is still out! Some doc say its ok and some say no way! I did it and had no known problems...so far!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i've heard 1st and 3rd trimesters are fine (For some reason)... in "what to expect while you're expecting" it says there is no medical evidence to say it's bad.. personally i think if you don't do it every week then you should be fine... avoid the fuems and drink lots of water.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• no medical evidence has proven that it is harmful, but you should tell your hairdresser you are pregnant or if you do it yourself watch how strong the smell of the dye is, you may want to do it with open windows or even outside
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 10:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• there isn't any medical evidence i agree with that but why put any harm in ur childs way even if you dont know soo i never did my doctor said it can go in to ur blood stream and in ur scalp with is one of the most absorbent parts of ur body soo i wouldn't risk it
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• no
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2008