Sick and this heat?!!!

I'm currently sick, congested, sneezing, coughing and throat hurts but it's like 100 degrees here during the day, I can't drink anything cold cause my throat and chest begin to hurt but I dont wan to drink anything hot because I'm already burning up and then I can't sit by the AC because I don't want to get even more sick, any advice on how to get better in this heat?!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• You can get sick any time of year, viruses are always around. The reason why people become more sick in the winter is because during cold temps people are gathered more indoors and thus around more people and germs spread faster. If you have a temp, I would go to the dr because you may need antibiotics. Drink lots of fluids because they help was away germs. If you don't want hot or cold drinks, try room temp ones. That's actually the only way I like to drink water. Sometimes if you have a sore throat, gargling salt water or eating salty foods can help. Salt is a natural healer for some things, just don't overdo it because its bad foryour blood pressure.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Also if its in your chest you most likely do have some kind of infection and need to see a dr because you could develop pnemonia.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Taking a cool bath might help.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010