Do you drive the left lane on the interstate?

Or do you use it to pass slow drivers but stay mainly in the right lane?

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i used to drive the left lane all the time. its a lot smoother,. then most states have made it illegal to drive more than 1/4 mie in the laft lane unless you are passing. so now i just drive in the right lane. never know if a cop is sitting over the hill
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 11:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I use the left, but only if I'm go faster than the right. If I see the right passing me, I'll get over.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I use it to pass slow drivers and stay mainly in the right lane..

I was driving with a friend once and she stayed SLOWLY driving in the left lane....after a while I asked her if she knew it was unspoken etiquette to stay in the left....and she said no....why didnt you tell me sooner...? My family took lots of road trips using the interstate....her family never did....so it was something I learned from my dad.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I've been a bus driver since 99 and they teach to always stay in the right lane..So it's my habbit now even in my car.I feel weird if I am in the left lane too long..LOL
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I usually stay to the left. Thankfully if our area there's usually three lanes so I'll stay in the middle. But if I'm stuck with only two lanes I'll stay to the left. It's annoying having to get over every time traffic is entering or going too slow. But I try to be considerate and move over to the right when I see someone fast approaching from behind.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Haha...yes! I know I'm not supposed to but I am more comfortable in the left lane. I move over if someone needs to pass though. Good question!
    grammijudi

Answer by grammijudi at 11:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I stay in the middle lane as much as possible. I will get up to the speed limit, put on the cruise control, and will use either left or right to pass if I have to.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I usually hang in the left lane unless there's no traffic, then I'll stay in the right. In Michigan, we use the left lane for passing and for people who like to speed, LOL
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I try to stay in the middle where possible. The right when not, unless traffic's unbearably slow for no reason whatsoever.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I'm in the left lane passing everyone up.
    mamarocks3

Answer by mamarocks3 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2008