if a person does not have the tab to "add as a friend" on facebook, does that mean they blocked you?

I have been looking for a friend from the army for the last 8 years, and I found her page on another friends page. I wanted to add her but she does not have the tab could that mean I am blocked from her? I had tried about 3 years ago to get intouch with her via this other friend in common, and she always said " oh yeah i left her a messag she's so busy" so i was wondering if thats a clue she don't want me to find her by blocking me, so when I did a search for her name she never pops up, is it what it seems? If it is im not going to bother her, I am kind of hurt though she was my bestfriend. Oh well

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 5:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• No, when somebody blocks you it means you're not even able to see her profile through another person's profile. It just means her accunt is private and no one can look her up. She can only send friend request but she cannot recieve.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• no.
    if they didn't want you added they just wouldn't add you (or accept). FB doesn't inform the person they've been denied or ignored.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Iwold jut moveon mybeshe as change an wont acppet u anymore on her not u se showedshe dosn`t want ur friendship anymore her lost not ur`s
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 7:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Can you message her? usually it will say that you cant message that person because you are blocked. But if there is a message tab i would try to message her see if she remembers you then have her add you.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i have mine set as private as possible.no one other than friends and mutual friends can add me or send me a friend request. i have everything private to everyone else and i dont think u can search for me either
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If she had you blocked, you would not have even seen her name or picture on your friend's profile. She has her privacy settings set up very tight - including only being able to send friend requests, not recieve them.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• ok thank you all
    1nglmom3

Comment by 1nglmom3 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010