Sick lil one :(

When your lil one is sick do you, the mom do all the work through the night or does dad...or do both of you pitch in. My husband drives me NUTS! I get so mad that he will just sleep right through everything. Even if i wake him up he goes right back to sleep. My 20 month old son has an AWFUL cough and there is no way I can just sleep right through it like my husband does. Makes me wanna scream and cry at the same time. Ughh...guess this is more of a vent than a question but had to get it out!

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hear ya. Was that way here too. But he made up for it when they were teens. He couldn't go to sleep if they were not home. He had the late hours then. And knowing he was like that I was able to sleep. Hang in there. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:03 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Have you called his pediatrition to see what you can give for the cough? Honey might sooth it a little, or a bath with tea-tree shampoo (smells like mint, helps open up the lungs a little). Good luck, and hugs to your little one, I hope you both get some good rest soon.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• if it is a cold, and my baby can't sleep, then i would bring them to bed with me for comfort, and better sleep for all. i have had one son that has had a stomach thing twice, and dh took care of him, while i cleaned up.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I almost always dealt with it when my DD was sick.. only once or twice did he ever help out.. and it was more to confirm or deny that it could be this or that.. (he's an emt)>
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010