did you gals see Maurys question today?!

Normally I dont get a chance to watch that stuff, but in passing I heard
"Do you think women should be allowed to breastfeed in public?"
O.O this is still a friggin question??

SavanaF.

Asked by SavanaF. at 6:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Kind of an old topic at this point isn't it. Yeah they should be allowed and no one's forcing the public to look at them. Hell I think both genders should be able to work topless if they want, its our society's modesty issue that makes it "bad".
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes, but if they cover themselves for decency sake. It is not a matter of "bad" it is a matter of respect for others while still able to feed the baby as needed ;)
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I guess we are actuallty answering, I was just commenting on Maury being behind the times lol
    my opinion is this; If you dont like it, put a blanket over your head. :) cafemom has made me a full blown lactivist lol, and everyone who knows me has seen at least part of a boob, and I really dont care. My husband doesnt care, so it isnt an issue. And about covers; you go eat in a hot, probably a little sweaty, very small tent, ect.. you can imagine. My baby deserves to look around and enjoy the world while she eats, and you can look elsewhere.
    SavanaF.

Comment by SavanaF. (original poster) at 6:55 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I didn't know you weren't asking that. My bad...No, I didn't see Maury's question today :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't get why this is even still a question! Woman should be allowed to feed their child the way nature intended it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well, covers should be required. It does not matter that you think you should just pop it out, but to me it is disrespect. I am not offended by a mere boob, but having young children, I will require everyone around me to be decent. If you can not be respectful or decent (thus setting an (extremely poor) example for your child...no matter how young it is), then I don't waste my time around people such as that.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• lol you dont get out of the 50s much, do ya hun?
    SavanaF.

Comment by SavanaF. (original poster) at 7:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• As it is, Michelle Duggar, the best mom there is, is very respectful of other people and sets a great example for others and her children. She covers.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I totally agree with you SavanaF.
    I never breastfed my daughter due to health issues, but I never understood why breatfeeding in public should be something to feel ashamed of. I mean come on, it's feeding your baby!!! And you don't need to cover it up, if someone if bothered my the sight they can just look elsewhere like OP said. We see so many crazy things in public every day and we're bothered by breastfeeding? Some people need to grow up!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am living in the 21st century...but if you want to be "insulting", then by all means. You would not be welcome in my house, nor will your child when it grows up seeing as how you are displaying poor judgement and the poor child will not know right from wrong. Cover up when you feed your child the natural way and DONT disrespect your neighbor..."hun"
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010