What to braxtonhicks contractions feel like?

first time pregnant and was just wondering what this feels like exactly so i can know whats going on im 20 wks and 3 days

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 8:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sharp stomach pains and in the side..
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• it just feels like your tummy is getting hard for a couple of seconds and then it relaxes again. it feels uncomfortable, but it shouldn't hurt
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Tight temporary , muscle contractions in the abdomen region of your entire uterus, it's not the uterus itself, but the muscle walls that are around the uterus, and they are there to push later, to make you ready early, now it's just like a test period . IT feels like someone giving you a quick hug. but firm.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• They shouldn't hurt . I agree.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Mine just felt like the upper part of my belly was tightening...didn't hurt but made me a little uncomfortable while it lasted and then when it ended I could feel my belly relax again. If it's painful they are probably real contractions.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 2:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010