Anyone have a home remedy?

For a possible bladder or kidney infection ? I have these VERY SUDDEN urges to go and sometimes it's only a tinkle and other times it feels like I have a float in my bladder and once a certain amt. of urine comes out, I can't go anymore even though I still have the urge. There is no dark yellow color and I have drank TONS of crangrape juice. I don't have health insurance and don't like MD's anyway so suggesting that is really out of the ?. Thanks. Sorry if this was TMI.

TexasStyle

Asked by TexasStyle at 11:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• I love natural cures and live by them when it's possible. But I have to agree with BabyBreyen on this one. I've had trouble with kidney infections and UTI's and the only way to heal it is with antibiotics. Drinking real cranberry juice helps prevent them, and will ease symptoms of them, but your really going to have to go see the doc. You can put going to the doctor off for a while longer if you drink cranberry juice every day, but you'll still have to go sooner or later. It might just be me, but I notice coffee makes it worse. Also, if it's a kidney infection, you'll know it. They make you so sick that you'll have to have someone drive you to the hospital. An untreated UTI will cause a kidney infection, so be careful. Good luck!

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Its an over the counter remedy....the blue AZO pills are WONDERFUL!!!! They really make you feel better....but they turn your pee blue!!! ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• By the way.. the urges are so bad that I don't even know I have to go until the VERY LAST SECOND. I have even wet my pants (Slightly) like 5 times this week. This is getting ridiculous. Now I'm fixing to start and I can't tell if I'm having cramps or they symptoms of an infection ???
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• crangrape wont do anything because its a cocktail, drink pure cranberry juice. try getting it organic if you can., or you can take cranberry vitamins.. drink LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water. pee ANYTIME you feel like you have to go even if its a trickle...
    Anonymous

• that sounds like UTI, other than Cranberry juice (not cocktails or mixed) the only other way would be antibiotics. They do sell some homeopathic pills you can take at places like Walmart & CVS etc you could try though

Avoid baths, only take showers until it's cleared up too.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• That is so me. We don't have insurance either, And I don't do doc's and dont like meds. But I like the health food store. Find one in your area..Ask for Olive leaf in liquid form, Mix it with like a shot size drink Soda,juice,kool aid. Whatever. It gets rid of lots of things as well as what you need it for. I have used it for that. My kids beg for it when they are sick...It doent taste good at all..Thats whay I say mix it like a shot.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• if you have a whole foods in your area, you can google and find it... try going there they have plenty of homeopathic medicines and natural cures for ANYTHINNNGGG... just ask someone there for somehelp and they can help you :) but i think you should take cranberry pills and drink water all day long, just carry water bottles with you. whole foods or any place full of homeopathic and natural meds like that is the place to go.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• BTW,I think you can buy olive leaf at any store, But keep in mind it's not natural so wouldnt work the same.. The health food store is your best bet...And tell them whats going on they'll help
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• A kidney infection or UTI will not clear up on it's own just to let you know. I did the whole cranberry thing and yeah it helped until one day I was just tired of feeling like I never emptied my bladder and went to the doc. Turns out I had the UTI for close to a year and am stress incontinent now. I can't sneeze, cough, laugh or lift heavy things without "going" a little. I learned my lesson so I hope you don't learn the same way I did. Also, I don't have insurance that's why I waited. Trust me and just go to the doc.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 11:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my uti and bladder infections always cleared up on their own as long as you do it the right way.
    Anonymous