need advice

I was just told that my 15yr old daughter was bi. I don't believe in it and I won't live with it. It's a sin and it's wrong. But she is my daughter and I don't know how to deal with this. She has never done anything with a girl yet or with a guy for that matter, but she has told many people that he is bi. Is this just a faze or is she really bi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• you won't live with it???

so what, you're gonna kill yourself or her??? come on! what an awful thing to say as a mother!
    Anonymous

• it may be a phase. girls seem to be getting into that phase for some reason. i would just blow it off and not really think anything of it for the time being. it will more than likely roll away one day. but dont shun her away. what you believe may be different than what SHE believes and yes shes your daughter you should love her and be there for her regardless of the decisions she makes in life.
    Anonymous

• You never really know....and I am a Christian so I understand your feelings and not wanting her to do this....I would really stick by her now, she is probably confused. It may be a phase or not...but either way she needs her moms love.....Kids do things all the time that parents dont agree with....but our love should still be there no matter what.
    Anonymous

• Oh, get ready to be blasted! You are going to have SO many people tell you to leave her alone and let her be who she is. Don't listen to them-- the WORLD! Listen to what the Bible says about homosexuality (it's very clear!) and stick to your guns! Love your daughter, pray for her, but let her know that you "accepting" this CHOICE is not an option! This sin she's commiting is no more a sin than any other, but it should not be given into. Unfortunately, your sweet, young daughter lives in a world that tells her, "if it feels good, do it!" I'll pray for you, and make sure you get others that you trust praying for you too! God Bless!
    Anonymous

• The real question is who told you this tale? What did he/she have to gain by it? You know they have a vested interest in the issue. Were they trying to make you pray? Were they trying to make you come down on your kid? It is absolutely obvious that wherever you "were told" this, that person wanted something. Don't let that person win and make you lose your family. Do you want your child or do you want a manipulative rat for a friend?

Get off now before it's too late. Pressure her and you make it forbiden fruit. Forget it and she will, too. She will thank you later for your patience and understanding.

LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 11:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Anon at 11:09 AMEN....thats the truth! Love her, pray for her, tell her its not ok with you.
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ANSWER!!!!

Oh, get ready to be blasted!...

It wasn't a tale. I was told by one of my own kids. No I'm not going to kill her or me. I just won't allow this kinda crap in my house. She knows better. I raised her to know that it was a sin, AND she has been saved and baptized SO SHE KNOWS better. SHe makes jokes that her baby brother is going to grow up gay, and I talk to her about how that makes me feel and that I wouldn't accept it if he was gay.

I still love her and I am talking to her but if she acts on this I will find her another place to stay.

Anonymous

• I just can't believe that mother would GET RID OF a 15 year old because of that!

This is the exact thing that makes me think that Christians are NOT good people no matter how much the preach about being so!. What part of unconditional love are missing???
    Anonymous

• You are welcome! And AMEN sister! I love my kids to peices, but they would not be under my roof living that kind of lifestyle! I'd never stop loving them, or praying for them, but it would be intolerable to me!
    Anonymous

• NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT LOVING HER! I love my children too much to stand by and let them take a painful path for thier life, mapped out by Satan!
    Anonymous