Does your SO's brain effect his driving speed ?

Ughhhh. My hubby gets on my NERVES when he drives and talks. If he's quiet, he goes the speed limit BUT if he's talking to me, he will start out by going 70 or 75 and then I look over and he's going 50 while everyone else is Zooming past us. I tell him JIMMY... Pay attention. You are going SOOOOOOOOOOO SLow. Then he will go back up to 75.. Five minutes later BACK down to 50. OMGosh. it drives me nutts. Half the time I tell him just shut up and drive and talk when we get there. LOL. Am I the only one with this issue?

TexasStyle

Asked by TexasStyle at 11:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Mine just flat out doesn't pay attention. One minute he's going too slow, another he's going too fast, and I'm not allowed to say anything to him about it because then he gets "nervous" and starts driving even more like a maniac. I don't let him drive when we go out unless I am sick or something.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• lol. "Nervous" yeah. My hubby tries to pull that crap too. Once we were on the feeder and I said if you hurry, you won't have to yeild to that truck coming. (it was a 2 way where the interstate lane could exit and get onto the same feeder) Instead of paying attention to the raod signs that said DO NOT ENTER, he drove us onto the exit ramp. OMG I was so scared. I was screaming and slapping his arm and he had to do a U turn right there in the middle of people trying to get off the highway. Dumb Ass !!! he blamed it on me making him "Nervous" about how fast to go to avoid someone else. Whatever !! LOL
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 11:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have to keep mine going the speed limit, LOL! I always look over and casually say "Easy, there Speed Racer". He gets the hint, checks his speed and brings it down to go with the flow of traffic.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• No, my husband speeds no matter what.

But if you're in the Austin area, I think I've been stuck behind your husband! lol
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• OMG.. We are in San Marcos and go through Austin ALL the time. That's where he does it !!! LMAO.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 11:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Didn't you get the memo??? Men are missing a gene that enables them to drive like a sane person lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My Hubby is the opposite. When he talks he goes faster. When he is silent he slows down. But he has drove us into on-coming traffic before! Scared the crap out of me! And it was on a road we drive on all the time! And he wonders why I want to drive allt he time. Men! Can't live with them, can't live without them!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008