What is the best time frame for a 1st birthday party?

I was going to do 1-6pm on a saturday

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 9:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1-6 is long for a 1 year olds bday....my sister had her 1 year olds party and put from noon to naptime....lol
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• is it just people the LO knows? i would only do two hours unless its all people she knows. it might be overwelming for a 1yr old. i did a very small party so i have no idea. but most i been to famly's parties have been like 1 !/2 or maybe 2hrs. the thing is the baby might get overly tired but i have no idea how LO is with alot of people. my little one would of screamed if there was too many. just evaluate if its just family and close friends its fine 1-6. you know the LO better then anyone. good luck and takes lots of pictures. its a great precious moment when they have a birthday.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:24 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am having the party in my tiny apartment so there will be max 8 babies all under 3. All are close friends and family with children. The party is really for pictures and to see how all are kids interact with eachother
    BkMommy2be

Comment by BkMommy2be (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My DD's 1st is next month. We'll be having family, and a couple of our very close friends. I don't think SHE'LL remember much, but I hope it will be nice for her to see pictures that we celebrated for her, when she gets older. Our family usually just puts a start time on the invitation, and when they filter out, they filter out.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Either before or right after nap time.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 9:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Plan around naptime. Whatever you do stick to the naptime. Happy 1 year baby!
    mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 10:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• That is fine.. Im guessing all the guest may not stay that many hours or you wont have "party activities" all those hours.. lol.. the kid will most likely see most of the day as just having guest over.. Do the cake/presents after your kids nap time so they are in a good mood for it.. And let them take any naps when ever needed.. Its better to have a babe sleep through some of their party than turn into a birthday-zilla

My dd slept through the beginning of her party- like she fell asleep about 5min before her party started & slept a good hour (late nap due to setting everything up) & I was worried about her waking up in time for everyone to enjoy her lol.. but we only had the party "set" for 3 hours if i remember right..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 1-6 seems a little long for one year olds. I would do 2 hours, 3 hours tops.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would cut it down to maybe a three hour event. Babies those ages need their naps so you want it between naps if you can..

say 1-4 with lunch available with cake.. or 2-5 with dinner available.. even 3-6... any later and you'll have a bunch of cranky babies...

or at least be sure to have a quiet room for napping, or soothing babies that are getting cranky away from the excitement..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• it all depends on the heat of they day i think i always do mine later in the day when its hot
    Runt420

Answer by Runt420 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010