Husband venting ... where else can I do it but here?

So I get it that when my hubby works he works. But when he is home, which is more than what he works right now, he is lazy. It's an all the time argument. I get up through the night with the babies and then in the a.m. he sleeps in. I ask him for about an hour to get up. In the 1.5 hrs I was up and he was sleeping I fed the kids, dressed them, put a casserole and potatoes in the oven for later, sat with a potty training boy till he pooped (HOORAY). When he is gone he gets to sleep in hotels, eat out, etc (he is a pilot w nat.grd). Yes being away is hard but one would think when he is home he would let me sleep in once in a while, like once a month! He can't even make sure the cloth diaper that was soaking in the toilet was cleaned out of shit before tossing it in the sink! This too has happened before. Like,Like, WTH???

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• He's got a problem- it's called a penis.

There is no cure.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• The journals are a good place to vent
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Please feel free to vent, because I doubt you will change him.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I hear you! Been there, done that. I wish I had a solution for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my df is the same way. i always get up every time our son cries. i change his diaper. i feed him. i bathe him. i get up when he wakes up at night. i know i don't work but i don't think it's fair for me to be the only one taking care of our son. i understand him sleeping in since he works late. but it'd be nice if he changed a diaper once in awhile. i know how you feel and wish i could help you out. if you find a solution let me know.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• me again...............would it do any good to sit down and talk to him about this? How is it fair that you don't have a morning to sleep in once in awhile? Ask him if there isn't some compromise that you can come to. I have been thinking about you as I was outside pulling weeds. Take care.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• LOL Ladies....if anyone comes back to this....
    Elizabar, oh he knows how I feel. I don't hold back in communicating anything. He sat here on the bed with the boys crawling on him (this is my way of getting him up for good) and told him. I don't ask him to do a lot, just this really annoys me. He can be home for a week at a time and sleep in every day, a couple times, fine, but everyday?? Come on now.

Lovingangels, that's hillarious!!

Caseyandkids, I don't even know what the journals are on here, what they mean, or how to go about that. I'm lucky I had the brief few minutes to type that at that point of the morning.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• There is a cure! My hubby is army, he works 5 days a week from 4 AM to 4PM, and he always does night duty with our babues whe they are small, he lets me go do things like shop on the weekends and watches all 4 kids, and he helps clean cook, and take care of the kids needs! SO dont stereotype all men to be like some pathetic hubbies!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2010