Jews

Do you, like Christians, claim that your God is a loving compassionate God? Also, how do you explain the sudden lack of involvement by God? Like Christians can say that God stopped intervening like he did because he came in flesh to Earth. But obviously Jews don't have this. So why did God suddenly stop intervening and destroying cities for immorality?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 9:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I read this verse set recently in the bible, and I get shocked when reading it . But here it is.
    When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walks through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, I will go back to my house where I was before, and getting to the door it is empty, swept, and garnished. ( or in other words, the word of God was gone also). Then he takes 7 other spirits with him more wicked than himself, and they enter in and live there. -----And the last state of that man is worse than the 1st. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

SO>>>> I see that as we are not true to God he will leave also, and not be dedicated until we are sorry.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• He wants us to turn back to him, but never go back to the old ways. Hence the 7 spirits will not know us, when we have prayed, and repented.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• im not jewish and i won't answer for them. but i like the question.. and as it relates to me i would say that as a muslim. i' do not believe God has stopped intervening. God is in control of everything and he sustains everything and things only happen by his will.. everything. there is nothing that escapes his knowledge , his will or his permission. whether we like it or not. so every thing that happens is in accordance with his decree. he isn't resting some where. He is above his thrown commanding with his word BE.... and thus it is.(whatever he wills)
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• and i believe that everything people call Nature.. is from God. hurricans, rain, earthquakes floods.. and they happen by whatever methods he chooses. levis broken.. mudslides.. etc. the punishements are real.. so are the rewards. just as we are blessed with good.. we are also sent calamities of all sizes. big and small.. not only to the disbeliever but to the beleivers as well. and everything is within his wisdom.. we may not understand. we may not ever know why.. but He is in full control of it. in my opinion and in my firm belief.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Oddly enough, I agree with Aasiyah. :)
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Oh sorry, I just saw the question was for Jews. Oops.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes God is loving and compassionate! He is also is a jealous God! And believe it or not sometimes bad things just happen due to the cycle of nature, which He created. In the New Testament we learn that He causes it too rain on the just and the unjust. He requires us to be obedient to Him first in all things. He is all powerful and can give and take as He chooses without having to answer to us. It is quite the reverse!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have no idea but I initially clicked on this question because I thought the title said "Jaws" and I was really curious what the movie Jaws had to do with religious debate, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• @ coffeeyum Where in the Bible did you read that? I want to read it and study it.
    hadassah1582

Answer by hadassah1582 at 1:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2010