What are some common signs of ADHD?

I dont know if my son has it and im going to get him evaluated by a doctor next month. But I wanted to know what I should look out for.

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 9:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• My daughter HAS to hav it! But she is only 3 1/2 so they won't diagnose her yet. :(

Hyperactivity
    Inability to stay focused and on track
    Constantly moving around/jittery (my daughter literally moves ALL DAY LONG)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/adhd/DS00275/DSECTION=symptoms
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• ADHD is conditional. It is not a blanket statement. It's a label for some various acting outs of children.
    Acting out is not exactly bad, it's a stimulus that is just feeling out of control for some children, and just natural outward expression for others. If it's a condition that is impairing over the top, so to speak, and looks like something that goes over the parameters of safe, normal, or acceptable than it may be autism, or a some brain disorder that and these are misunderstood, so doctors are better to test and question until they know for sure. I've know people who went to take their children for years, and the symptoms aren't yet understood.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• ADHD presents differently in each person, depending on the type they have. I have ADD. For the most part, I can't focus, I tend to be impulsive, irritable. My daughter is somewhat hyperactive, but most of the time she's just spacey and she has a hard time controlling her emotions.You have to be careful when kids are young because not all hyperativity is bad, acting out isn't always a bad behavior or as sign or ADHD. The best way to test for it is to go to a psychologist who specializes in ADHD. They are probably better at understanding exactly what is going on.

This article might give you a better idea.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Signs and Symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder

You might also pay a visit at your local library for some books. GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Thank you ladies. I made an appointment to get him looked at. I am just scared of his impulses. Someties they are harmful to him and hes highly irritable when he cant give into those impulses.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 5:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2010