• In the Spotlight:

closet smokers?

I am just curious to see if any moms are closet smokers... i have a friend that likes to have a cigarette sometimes( maybe once or twice a week).. but her husband would kill her if he knew! just wondering if anyone else hasn't come out of the "closet yet" :)

VictinaG

Asked by VictinaG at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I "hid" it from my hubby for quite a while but eventually he caught me. I have friends that smoke and I would always blame some of the smell on being around them and I had a system of washing my hands, rinsing with mouth wash, spraying perfume and using anti bacterial stuff. Not to mention airing out and gum. It got to be such a hassle and so not worth it that I finally told him the truth and he said that he'd known for a while and was wondering when I was going to come clean.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• LOL I've known a few :) but I'm an out of the closet smoker :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I know a few.
    seems like if you wanted to you could just do it but it's all the not wanting the children to see but I personally think it has to be pretty hard b/c I can smell like a hound dog my friends say and well I would smell it since I've stopped smoking.If someone came to my house and was smoking I think I would smell it so how do you get to be a closet smoker.How do you hide the smell from others? just saying it has to be pretty hard.My kids would know trust me when I stopped and tried to smoke again on the down low the busted me and well it was good b/c I was force to stop.
    Charlie

Answer by Charlie at 11:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• she doesn't do it around anyone.. and she'll take a shower change her clothes...eat something, brush her teeth... anything she can to lose the scent.. i personally have never smelled it on her. i asked her why she would do it if she has to go through so much trouble and she said it's because it's the only thing in the world that is just hers that she doesn't have to share with anyone.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i used to be..lol..then i just gave up and let everyone know i was..it got to hard to hide!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am kinda. No one knows but my husband and my brother. My brother only knows because I told him. I never smoke in the house, and I let myself 'air out' before I go back in. The first thing I do is wash my hands. The only time my husband smells it on me is if I do not wash them. As far as others not smelling smoke on me, if your careful and watch which way the wind is blowing, you can make the smoke blow away from you and not on you. If I'm going somewhere, I make sure I brush my teeth right before I leave, and I always have Eclipse gum in my car. That gum is the best I have ever found for ANY kind of bad breath. Oh, I also wear a little perfume. Not even my doctors or dentist know I smoke.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm not really a closet smoker completely but I do hide it from some of the family that is very against it. I tend to hate smoking around people who do not smoke or dislike smoking. Smoking is embarassing and I want to quit. One day I will hopefully.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I used to be, miss those days. I won't even let there be cigarettes anywhere near me so I won't be tempted to return to that fantastic deadly closet.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Am I your friend? lol, that sounds like me to a T.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Guilty as charged! My BF is a smoking nazzi! He would kill me if he knew.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008