Do you give your toddler 2nd stage formula?

I still give my 20m old dd formula twice a day. Shes a pretty fussy eater and on the small side in size. My sister tells me that its doing her no good and i shouldnt give it to her anymore.

Do you give yours formula after one year? I do give her the stage 2 formula for babies 9-24months.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 9:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nope. no need for it. the day they turned 12 months is the day they stopped formula.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well I only gave my first formula when I was in college and could not pump. But once she hit a year old. No more formula and went to whole milk. Also I have never heard of stage two formula.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No, not really. My daughter was very tiny as well. She didn't his 20lbs till she was 18 months old. I gave her boost, but that got expenisve. Finally her peds yelled at me to leave her alone because she was healthy and her body was doing what needed to be done. She too was picky which was hell for all of us for a while. But hub and I are stubborn when it comes to meals, so she either at least tried everything, or she went hungary, that was her choice. But she was older when we did that. At one point, like at age 2, she had peanut butter, that was about it lol. She's 11 now and is still a little pixie, but healthy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I didn't see the point so I went to whole milk at 1 year. I never really believed Stage 2 was better than milk. You should do what you think is best.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Oh and follow the Peds advice. If they are worried about her size, then you should talk to them. If they aren't then do what you feel better doing. 2nd stage won't hurt her at all, it might not do anything except give her expensive poop lol, but it won't hurt her. So do what you feel is best
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We gave it to my son until he was about 14 months until he was a better eater...
    I think it's fine if you want to give it to your daughter... I think any of the other childrens supplement drinks would be fine as well
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• They didn't have any back then. He kept formula until 14 months to finish it off.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Next step formula (as well as childrens "nutritional drinks") all contain large amounts of sugar. Instead of using lactose in them, they use corn syrup. On top of that, the nutrients in them are synthetic and not very well absorbed. Offer the best whole milk you can find (organic, non homogenized... raw, straight from the cow if you can get it!) and only healthy foods otherwise so that whatever he DOES eat is good and offers plenty of nutrients. No "filler" foods... (fishys, anyone? haha).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No, but if he was small and a picky eater i probubly would to ensure his nutrition. Tell her to stuff it :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• no, my kids dont even drink cow milk.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010