I thought things got better when they got close to 5......

my DD will be 5 in Dec. and has always been a really good kid. She is starting to cry at the smallest of things. I ask her what she wants for breakfast and she cries because she just can't make her mond up. And she is just getting to have an attitude problem. What happened to terrible two, torcherous three, fearsome 4 and fabulous 5. So I just figured I was in the clear since we had made i this long. Maybe things will get better when she turns 5. She is driving me crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• fabulous 5? LOL i'm doubling up with laughter. no, they don't get better. you get rid of one problem (the fits at age 2) only to go into another problem (the torcherous 3's.) you're just getting rid of the 4's and now going into the mouthy and sassy 5's lol. when people say "it gets better" they mean that certain thing your going through, not the kid or what else is coming. i hope that makes sense lol. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I'm afraid at every age there will probably be challenges and rewards. I have 3 boys, ages 18, 21 & 27. They're all great kids, but all along the way there have been things we've had to work on, and wonderful changes and developments. I'm afraid it just goes with the territory. Sometimes you will just go sailing along and everything will be fine, and then suddenly you find yourself on rough waters again. Don't worry though, it's normal, it's just how they develop and learn....and how we do. Good luck, and Hugs mamma!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Training children starts at birth and ends sometime around age 20. There is no magic age when things just automatically get better. You will have to teach her continuously what is and is not acceptable behavior with you and in your home. Sorry, but it really never just happens. You have to keep at it and at it. Each year brings a new challenge and a new area where more training is necessary.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• they call it favulous 5? maybe because they get to start school at 5!
    honestly 5 yr olds can be very...trying. I had really forgotten until
    I started babysitting one along with her 2 yr old brother-let me say she was very difficult and he was so sweet and easy-going for the most part

every age brings a new set of issues, it's one thing, then another
    maby try not giving her too many things to choose from when letting her choose something, and take a breath
    hang in there :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Meh, maybe she just saved it up lol. This too shall pass, as long as you don't let her take control.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• *fabulous not favulous!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Ooh but I like Favulous lol. My fingers don't work so well in the am either lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010