Anybody else's daughter obsessed with boobs?

My DD is 4 and she likes to grab mine and she has even grabbed on her grandparents. And she talks about "neenies" alot. I have heard other parents say that this is normal. But where does she get it from? I wondered if I breastfed too long (until she was 17 mo.). LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• My girl loves talking about boobs. She wasn't breast fed, so I doubt that's the reason. She's just always asking when her boobies will be big like mine :-)
    And when we're out somewhere and we pass the underwear section, she'll point out a bra and say "that'd be real pretty on your boobs mom". She even has worn a bra since she was 2, she's 5 1/2 now. At least 4 out of the 7 days she'll wear one.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• She is normal. boys are obsessed with them too. It is something they don't have. It does not in no way mean you breast feed to long.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Um, I doubt she remembers breastfeeding lol. But she's old enough to be taught that "Neenies" are private and that she doesnt' need to be grabbing them
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My sd11 is obsessed with covering her boobs-I use this term fairly loosely because they are more like blossoms. She will wear 2 bras during the day and even wears one at night. And she tells me how this is totally normal...I've tried to get her to relax and reassure her that I have never seen anyone wear 2 bras! Heck, I just started wearing one a couple years ago!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my 9yr old SON....he is totally obsessed...has been for as long as I can remember

my 2yr old daughter told me just last week that she has big boobies and needs a "boobie-strip"...that is what she calls my bras
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My dd is 4 as well, and I'm constantly going round and round with her about how they're mommy's, and they're private, and she's not allowed to touch them. I think it's still a built in comfort thing for her, more often than not. When she was a baby, and she'd breast feed, she's nestle a hand between. At the time, I found it endearing, but now, when she's upset, she sticks her hand down my shirt and tries to nestle her and in between. She immediately gets put down or removed from my lap and reminded that they're mommy's, and they're private, and she doesn't touch. It has led to conversations about how no one is allowed to touch hers either. She's even gone so far as to yell at dh about touching mine. "Daddy, those are private, you don't touch them."
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2010