Have you ever confronted a complete stranger?

Maybe someone hassling a checkout girl? Or an *sshole in a restaurant?

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yep...just yesterday...twice.........lol

In the morning, I had to slam on my breaks because the woman in front of me pulled over to the Left curb and her daughter instantly through open her car door to get out for school. I laid on my horn and then I told the mother that it was very unsafe to have her daughter getting out of the car into traffic. She told me "I know that"....to which I replied, "No you don't, or you would have pulled over to the other side of the street."

Then, on my way home from work, I encountered 4 teeneage boys. 2 of them were throwing things off the overpass onto I-95 - at rush hour, and the other 2 were playing chicken with traffic, racing back and forth across the travel lanes. I again, STOPPED...blocking traffic. Cussed them out, because that is the only language teenagers understand and then called 911 and reported them
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yea, my daughter had a call on her phone by some guy that said he got the wrong number but she sounded kinda cute so call him back. She. Was 17 he sounded about 40 so I called him back. I also don't put up with people being jerks to cashiers.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes, 1 Sunday at Christmas, the parking lot at our mall was jam packed, & I had a really good spot. I got to my car, & an elderly lady, waited for my spot while I put all the packages in the car, got my baby in the carseat, & put the stroller away. Then, as I backed out, this guy just cut her off & took the spot!! I was only 21 at the time, but I stopped my car, got out, & went over to tell the guy off. He was dressed in his Sunday best, with what I assume was his very well dressed wife, & another well dressed couple in the back seat. I told him exactly what I thought of him....& at Christmas too....how long the lady had waited, how ill mannered and rude he was, and what little holiday spirit he had, let alone how unChristian I though his behavior was ( I assumed they had come from church dressed as they were. The man was duly embarrassed, & got back in his car & left the spot, unfortunately the elderly lady had already gone
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Several times. Mostly while I was the employee being hassled. :-)
    If someone is truly being an ass I have no problem telling them so. The people who work the min wage jobs are still people, not lesser humans or something. They should be treated like people. Not told that they aren't as good because they're behind that restaurant counter. I've told several people that they need to cool it, leave the attitude at the door, that they were being total assholes and giving the human race a bad name.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've always said,"you shouldn't f*ck with 2 people...your waitress and your pharmacist"......
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No. But I have went behind them and complainment the server or what not.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Dr. Maureen, you are my "Hero-o-the-day"!!!
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I'll usually diffuse the situation, rather than escalate it. The only people I ever confront are the people who try to cut ahead of you in line.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Not yet. My husband has. But I know someday in the future I will. I've had to bite my tongue a couple of times just because I didn't want to cause a scene.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've said my peace to a few deserving people.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 4:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010