how many centimeters dilated were you before you got an epidurel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I finally asked for one after 65-70 hours of labor when I was at 8cm. I thought the rest was going to be long, and so did they, so they agreed. They didn't even get it all the way in my back before I was ready to push, though, which I'm happy about because I hadn't wanted drugs and only asked for them because I was so tired and weak (they wouldn't let me eat for almost 3 days).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 1, but I was induced and contracting for about 15 hours non-stop....I kinda felt like a weenie asking for it so soon, but my cervix would not cooperate, and I needed some sleep!!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was lucky with my epis never had a problem. The first one though was funny, because it wore off everywhere except my left leg. I couldn't walk for hours lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• With my first never. With my second 7cm and will never do that again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was almost 4 cm with my first, then I was 7 with my second.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• none with my first. i had a c/s, with my second, i was a 4. i never got past a 4 though...it sucked. and i wouldn't even call it an epi. it only worked on one side of me. so i was numb on one side, felt the contractions on the other. it was very weird...and i didn't like it. at all.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• The hospital wouldn't let me get one until I was 4 cm. With my first that was easy because I was 6 cm when I got to the hospital. WIth other 2, I had to wait. My last one I didn't get one because of problems with the one I got with my 3rd child.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Most doctors will give it too you at 4 cm. I loved getting them for all my deliveries.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I should state with my first. I never had one. I had her all natural.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was almost 10cm when I got the epi with my first...I just had that little lip of my cervix in the way, but because of pitocin I was in so much pain I couldn't do anything.

My second was a home birth so I didn't have any drugs at all.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2010