why are people so rude?

I been married for 4 years and when I got married I noticed alot of my friends weeded themselves out of my life and when I confronted them on it their response was "Well you're on locked down!" I told them that I can still go out and have fun but I cant be how they act because I do have a husband at home and how would i feel if he was at the club everynight instead of at home with me.

Well now I am a mother and now NOONE calls me. And it hurts sooo much because all these girls that claimed they were my BFF are not even apart of my baby's life. My maid of honor isnt even around. when they call they NEVER ask about my daughter or anything, they dont even call to go out for dinner. Im really hurt by this, it makes me sad to know that people can be so rude and selfish. How can I tell them without stirring up confrontation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• thats what i am going through, im not married but since i got pregnant none of them talk to me. i tried to talk to them at first then i realized if theyre so immature about me having a baby then ill just ignore them too. so i do. i dont talk to any of them. i have made friends since then and im more happy without those negative people in my life. screw em.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If I were you I wouldn't even bother. They don't sound like true friends. If you really want to confront them than I would just be straight forward with them. What do you have to loose? Them not talking to you? Good Luck and I hope they become better friends or get some new ones that care about you and your family.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• do these ppl have kids? sometimes its hard for ppl to relate to married with kids. i had the same problem a few years ago now that those friends have kids and hubby of their own we are back in the groove. and just be honest about how you feel if they are real friends they will understand and maybe they arent intentionaly being rude they just dont know what to say. you need to sit down with them and have a heart to heart.
    Anonymous

• Find real friends. You don't need people like that in your like much less your kids.
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• maybe your friends are just scared. they think now that you are married you wont act like you used to. i mean sure you have to change how you act to an extent but they may think your whole life,personality, and all have changed. try talking to them. they may be uneasy. they may think that you will think less of them now that you have this life and they dont. its would be like say someone that you know was suddenly disfigured (couldnt think of a better comparison) and you didnt know how to act around them. They are just unsure how to act around you now. try to invite them out to lunch or something. so them that things have changed but you are still you. if that doesnt work then they are just being superficial and they arent worth having as friends. but i would try before i just pushed them away
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 12:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• They are probably jealous too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I actually have lost most contact w/some of my cousins that I was close w/as a child..... But, after I got married-they didn't talk to me as much and now it is viturally non existant except for a "Hi" @ a funeral.......
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• That's pretty normal. I've lost touch with most of my friends who aren't married. It's nice to make new friends with your husband because then you can get together with other couples or just have a girls night out with other moms. The club doesn't seem like a place for married people anyway. Find women you have more in common with.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• In my experiance those friends are apart of that old part of my life. This part of my life requires new friends that know what I'm going through. Things change, people change, and with that so do your social networks. You move on. Doesn't mean you don't still care, it just means that your life has taken you somewhere else.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 12:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008