See what being a sanctuary city gets you?

When you have the LA Times doing a story about how welfare
payments to illegals have increased and now make up 23% of
the total, maybe people will believe the drain they have.
Maybe even libs will take stand that they can't keep on paying
such nonsense. The total was $52 million, yes that's million,
in July alone. Who can deny such statistics? Only obama.
The sad part is, this article has people referring to them
as "undocumented immigrants." That's politically correct
instead of ILLEGAL alien.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/09/rise-in-public-benefits-to-childre...

How do they qualify? Because their children were born here.

The truth hurts.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There is an easy answer to this. One of the parents MUST be an American Citizen for the child to be a citizen. Would stop a lot of this from going on. Every other country in the world does this except us.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:43 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You were seriously mad about kids getting food? Yeah, that's a real burn.

***
    Uh, nooooo! She wasn't mad about a kid getting free lunch, she was mad that the school district that she pays property taxes to support, is encouraging non tax paying ILLEGALS to sign up for some freebies at the expense of those who have a right to be here AND pay taxes!!

We really need a SweetPea wearing a dunce cap or one covering their ears while singing!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:26 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• What I was trying to say is that it is a situation of punishing the child for the parents crime. It is a no win situation and it needs to be fixed somehow.

***

Okay so if the children born here are legal American citizens and their parents are not, and it was unplanned (wink, wink), then why MUST the illegal parent(s) STAY in America? They can bring their little bundles of joy back to whichever country they are citizens of and live happily ever after!! It's because they PLANNED on having their children here in order to forever "anchor" them to this country!!

Easy fix, deport parents AND their children, once the infant/child is old/healthy enough to make the journey!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• In the free lunch form packet that came home from school this year, there was contact info for people who are illegal to call to get their kids set up with free lunch. I was mad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

_________________________________________
    No, i'm mad that they have a special phone number set up for illegal immigrants to call for help to get tax payer provided social services. It's a district office located directly in the school so I am personally paying someone to take calls from illegals and make sure they are provided for.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Calling them undocumented immigrants is like calling a drug dealer an undocumented pharmacist.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

***
    Or calling terrorists: "insurgents," OR "disgruntled peace lovers!" You can cover the issue in frosting and rainbow sprinkles but it doesn't make the reality of the problem any less severe.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sorry about the errors, my computer is acting difficult.
    What I was trying to say is that it is a situation of punishing the child for the parents crime. It is a no win situation and it needs to be fixed somehow.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Oh my goodness.....seriously? I don't care where my tax dollars go...in any case, the government is going to end up spending them on some bullshit anyway,
    I'd much rather pay for some kid's education or food or healthcare than pay for war, weapons,corrupt public officers salariesn etc. But guess what? No one asks me where I want my hard earned money to go, they just do whatever they please with
    It so I don't care. After all, there's A LOT of americans that live off the government and don't work or contribute to the economy either and my taxes are paying for their kids as well.they're getting the same 'freebies'. I can already hear some saying "yea but they're here legally" in whch case I agree, but a child is a child, they don't know about these things and I wouldn't deny ANY child the right to an education, healthcare,nutritional foods, etc
    Have a nice night :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 12:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2010