You know it's really sad

That a person can spend 20,000$ getting a BA and all of the jobs require a Masters. A BA is about as useful as a HS diploma anymore, just a very very expensive one!
And it's even harder getting some older people to understand that! My mom and my MIL keep calling me, o go apply here and go do this... I keep telling them all of those jobs require a masters, but they just don't get it. and according to my MIL I'm just not trying hard enough anyways, because all of the jobs she tells me about require a masters and I don't even apply....

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is sad, I have so many friends that can not find jobs with theirs. Lot of luck to you and I hope that you find something soon.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I understand your dlemma. Have an idea that might help. Get a copy of the job description. Go to the college and get a book that they give to first semister students, explaining what the different degrees are and what you have to take. I know it is hard. I had a man come to our house who had his Master's. You know what he's doing? Selling vacumn cleaners. I know another who's a bartender and one who works at the grocery store. I was very blessed to just get my AA in Data Processing then was hired with the goverment. I don't know what you're BA is in. I do know that the schools for underprivledged children needs teachers badly if you can step out to do that or even at Charter schools are in need of help. I guess first it would help to know what do you want to do? There is also help needed in foreign countries. You may have to relocate. Are you willing to do that? What are your boundaries?
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have my BS in Psych. I want to get my PhD in Neuropsychology. But I've been a little side tracked by the wonderful little surprise that turned out to be my daughter :)
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2010